Friday, December 26, 2008

Taking Stock

This year has been too good a year. Financially stable, some work has been done (well, about 20,000 words or so), a lot of reading has been covered, my friends are still my friends (and old friendships have been renewed). All in all, more than anyone needs to feel that this has been a good year.

I am glad for the many thousands of small moments that made this year memorable. I started this post with the intent of listing them, despite the fact that the list would probably be in the dozens, nearer the hundreds. Then I realised that it would have to wait for 31 December, for obvious reasons.

The list of people to thank is very long. Being thankful for the divine providence is one thing; it is something you don't stop doing, and hopefully, you don't forget to keep doing. But sometimes one forgets to thank friends. I will always begin with family, without who I literally would not be around to thank anyone else; thus do I also honour the Fifth Commandment (these days far less respected, it seems, than the Fifth Amendment).

Among my friends, I must remember my three ex-wingmen, who can still be counted on in a fight. They have always been great support. I've never had female wingmen (haha) but I must say that you can find superior ladyship in this blog elsewhere.

I'll continue later.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home