Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

Today will always be a beautiful day because it belongs to the class of days I have always called Christmas, the Mass of the Redeemer. As a scientist, my job is to demystify; as a teacher, my job is to teach people how to demystify. As in the dilemma of capitalism-driven education, the act of demystification eventually leads to sterility, logically speaking, unless the universe is ever-expanding. If it is, then there will always be mystery. If it isn't, then we will have to create it.

And today, even more so than on all my other days in the year, I feel free of the human and the humanly-constructed. It is odd, since you can't really be free of it. But the human mind is good at contrary behaviour.

So to all my friends, of whatever creed and race and tongue, of whatever genetic or memetic disposition, of whatever gender or species or category, I wish a blessed Christmas. I wish that you will have as much God as you really need. And to my wishes I give the breath of prayer, and I ask for all the forgiveness I can bear.

One week more to a new year: that has been in modern history one of the nice things of the Great Mass. May it be a good year in effect and affect.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home