Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Posting

I am mildly surprised to realise that my first Christmas post was only last year, in December 2007. It was preceded by this post, which I think is somehow more memorable to me. Actually, I do remember my feelings last Christmas. I was a little distraught at the passage of the First, which is odd because the older teachers will tell you to try not to get too attached to any of your student batches.

Over the last few days I've had occasion to remember my First, the 1993 batch at the Light on the Hill; as well as the First, the 2007 batch at the College of Wyverns. I think these two batches have to be the ones which really marked out my days for me. I cast my mind further back to the 1983 batch of the College, and am alarmed to realise that it was mine. Heh.

Yet there's another thing to remember. Every single batch I've helped to graduate in December has been a unique present to me, and much appreciated. And thus do I exorcise the ghosts of Christmas Past, and Christmas Present (or Christmas presents). Christmas Futures, however, will have to wait till the market is less volatile.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home