Saturday, December 27, 2008

Stacking

How many things can you put in one place? It depends on how much leeway you are allowed in other dimensions besides the one(s) that determine the location of the place. I remember all this stuff by reading people like Donald Knuth a long time ago, in my other life as a computer scientist. To this day, I have not found a better computer science textbook (i.e. a textbook about any particular aspect of that field) better than the first three volumes of his TAoCP.

Some time ago, a student asked me how the various things I have studied in my life affect the kind of behaviour I evince while living the rest of my life. I think I've mentioned some of those behavioural quirks before (for example, here). You can probably find more by searching for 'life' and 'computer' or whatever in this blog.

I think that all of the things I've learnt stack in my brainspace, and provide bonuses which are independent of each other. But you'll have to ask my Master if that is true.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home