Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Starbuck

A starbuck is a male deer with a white mark between or just above its eyes. They're generally supposed to be frisky. Me, I have something of the starbuck's with me. Little sachets, which the purist might scoff at, but which are the offspring of the bean anyway.

For we all serve 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine, whether we prefer mermaids or not. And the Columbian Roast, and the Italian Roast, and whatever blends and names describe the bean — these also serve the Atrament, the liquid faith, the alternate benediction. Although some are theobromic, and some are theophyllic, all acknowledge the gift of the Highest.

And I, I have a pot before me. It is full of the atramental essence of the bean. And I, I am happy; I, I am blessed. Makarios. It is my father's birthday today. Happy birthday, Dad!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger nothing rhymes with gideon said...

Wait, you do know it's named after a character in Moby-Dick right.

Friday, October 21, 2011 4:56:00 pm  
Blogger Trebuchet said...

Yes, but in this day and age, talking about book titles that sound like that can lead to all kinds of ribald jocularity. And of course, it is always better to trace antecedents backwards to respectability. *grin*

Saturday, October 22, 2011 5:27:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home