Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Re-Entry (Part II)

I've come to realise that perhaps a lot of people who might read this have no idea why it should describe a re-entry. Was there an exit that was missed somehow, like the one you miss on an expressway and notice too late that you have missed?

No, not quite. The mission launch was described in five parts: [we] [were] [good] [to] [go]. The point which apparently caused the Grand Inquisitor to foam at the mouth was this one. My last day in residence was here. All of that is ancient history, now.

Yesterday, I walked into a strangely-familiar conference room at Lady Wisdom's home. It had been the venue of an aborted launch, many years ago. I remembered being assistant mission controller for that event, and was pleased to see some also-familiar faces looking positive this time round.

I have high hopes for this old-new high frontier, though. Things are fresher, perspectives clearer. We've all learned much from previous failures, even those who won't admit to them. Perhaps the lessons I have brought home from the high frontier might be useful. When they recovered my re-entry module from the red ocean, what made me glad was the idea that the data would finally be put to good use.

There was a lot of ground to cover. I think I covered it well, but I know I could have done better. Nevertheless, we're on the way to yet another launch, with God to guide the way. I trust that as long as we remember it is all for the children, in the service of heaven and to the glory of the Highest, it will succeed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home