Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Returns

Last night was an interesting experience. As someone once said to me, "Wait till you see the whites of their teeth." I must have collected at least a couple of hundred pieces of data for the big map. Looking at who was at the top table and who wasn't, I had to suppress a knowing grin or two. Maybe three.

Time spent, time passed, all the lovely ladies and the grand gentlemen are gone. And yet we are who they were, my generation is all fathers and mothers now. Friendships remain, though some are indeed staled by custom or stolen by procrastination and Procrustes.

These random musings are like the things that swim to the top when you stir a bouillabaisse. Except perhaps with more tentacles. I do not think the mermaids will sing to me.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger LoneRifle said...

Out of sheer curiosity, would you ever consider taking a job as a governor for some family's children?

Thursday, March 03, 2011 9:14:00 pm  
Blogger Trebuchet said...

LR: heh, I would be charging in the neighbourhood of $20k per month for that kind of job. Very few would be able to afford that. Besides, most households prefer ladies for such appointments. If I had to be an Alfred to a Bruce Wayne, I think I would charge $300k per month. :D

Friday, March 04, 2011 12:15:00 am  
Blogger LoneRifle said...

Just realised I meant to comment on Altruism and Endeavours, not Returns!

Friday, March 04, 2011 9:16:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home