Monday, February 21, 2011

Bottled Messages

People leave comments on this blog and I do try to answer them. Sometimes, I miss one or two. Some people have asked me to put one of those comment-tracking widgets in the sidebar. I have refused for two reasons: 1) not every commenter wants everyone else to look at their comments; 2) this isn't a WordPress blog. Heh.

However, I treasure most comments as much as I do the many little notes people have left with me over the years. I've kept many of these, and they mean a lot to me. For some of these notes, I have forgotten (if I ever knew) or will never know who wrote them. These are like messages sent in glass bottles over a wide ocean of time: the chances that I will ever get to respond (if I haven't already) is very low.

I thank all of you who have sent me such bottled messages. If you left a comment on one of my blogs many months ago, and the answer still is something you would like to have, it might be there. I answer all those comments eventually, except for those which don't seem to invite one at all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home