Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Dream Beginning in Collapse

I dreamt that I stood on a balcony, and I watched three men remotely operate huge mining machines that dug deep. And in minutes, they had dug a pit, and the broad bright green had become a sucking morass of grey mud.

Then only did I walk back into the building, which was a boarding school, and the students greeted me as I began the inspection of their corridors and rooms. But there were no masters, no teachers. There was only light, and an absence of burdens. There was work, but it was peaceful and purposeful.

And as I woke, as if swimming upwards from the depths of the sea, I saw tubs of gelato, and packets of smoked salmon, and other things as if stored up in advance for a feast. Then I did indeed awake, and felt a great desire for noodles with minced pork, vinegar, and hot chillies.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home