Saturday, October 04, 2008

Illness

Ah, now I know why the existentialist introspective and consequent angst descended upon me in the last few days. Ha, I am down with the flu. Actually, I am quite certain that I am a totally different person when ill (which is itself a topic for philosophical debate). I sleep more. I dream more (or at least have more recall of my dreams). I think in monochrome with odd flashes of colour, and I hear odd sounds which I don't normally hear. I smell different. My senses alter in acuity, both positively and negatively. I forget to shave and I write longer sentences as well as shorter ones. I type in incredible bursts before coming to a stop appalled at what I have typed. Is this for good or for ill? And I am forced to conclude that good or not, it is from ill.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think our body is fascinating in that it has certain innate ability that will kick in and overwriting the current ones if our life is in danger. such as shock

Sunday, October 05, 2008 1:19:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home