Saturday, September 27, 2008

Food-Brain Synergy

I think that cafés are the most important social-intellectual invention of all time. They are better than debates, arenas, symposia, colloquia or any other social-interactive medium. Just yesterday I was with Wolfberry and Lioness and Elektra having breakfast. It was interesting to see how they had changed since they were new wyverns. There is more edge now, but the charm is still there. And their ideas about the world and how it should be and how they should be are all growing and becoming more solid.

Then there was lunch with the Red Magician, and how that managed to disinter lots of old long-buried interests I used to have in certain disciplines. It is very encouraging to me to see all these things.

I think the point is that the food is fuel, the caffeine is a catalyst that speeds things up towards eventual equilibrium. The time I spent earlier this week with Hierophant and Thinkpad was stimulating too. I hadn't realised how much stuff I'd picked up over the years until I actually tried to explain it to them. Which led me back to one of my favourite people, father Abraham.

All in all, this has been a good week for thinking. But now I have to get back to the grind of writing. Sigh. Thank God for the gift of theobromine and the other xanthines! Truly, theobromos, the 'essence of the Gods', is a wonderful thing!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

on a side note, if we can only think better with caffeine, wont that be a little sad? havent had a single proper coffee since the end of exams haah

Sunday, September 28, 2008 3:11:00 pm  
Blogger Trebuchet said...

Ha, might as well say, if we can only eat better with chili, won't that be a little sad? Think of caffeine as something that spices up your brain activity and prolongs life.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 4:10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha true. but i guess thats us human eh. always dependent on the nature and all...yet we are destroying them all the same....we are indeed a type of very conflicting creature whom always do things opposing to the result we want

Sunday, September 28, 2008 4:43:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home