Saturday, November 03, 2007

Footpr.._

Oh dear. It's been nearly two weeks since Gabriel Agbonlahor's fateful goal against Manchester United, and my right foot has forgotten how to cleave to the ground, as is the duty of a good Foot.

The word 'footprints' has ten letters, and as such, is a good proxy for description of the behaviour of my feet. As you can see from the title, the left foot's toes are all fine. On the right side, things are wrong.

Right big toe, among all the toes on that foot, is bearing almost all the weight. Or so I thought. Actually, it is bearing all the weight, because none of the other toes are touching the ground!

What's that, you say? Surely not levitation or some such flimflammery! No. It's just that the other toes, in sympathy with the last two (which are bound together, depressed - but not depressed enough, compressed, repressed, and oppressed) have decided to take a week off. I only noticed when a piece of paper slid under my right foot and went shooting through the gap.

No wonder there's so much strain on my knees, calves and thighs. The pronation is all wrong now. Sigh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home