Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Deja Vu

Someone I know pretty well once said, "Deja vu is French for tha syme auld shaiyt in some Northern English dialects." Not being from that part of the world, I find myself inadequate in offering a suitable translation. But what really rocks my boat, rocks my cradle, rocks my tenuous hold on my bad temper, is that so much of what I'm supposed to do nowadays could have been avoided, ameliorated or accelerated if some people had the foresight to adopt certain practices earlier.

I mean, if you were running a multi-million-dollar customer service company, you would surely create a department to keep track of all your clients' details and ensure that this department was able to deliver any data product required on any aspect of the customer base. You would create a training department to ensure that your customer service officers were able to deliver the products that you offer your clients in a stable and relevant form. And you would make sure to deliver the things you said you would deliver, instead of using bait-and-switch tactics.

Thank goodness this is only a simulation game. Wow, those software engineers are pretty ingenious at creating simulations of faceless bureaucracies, aren't they. Aren't they? Hey, why isn't anyone providing me with some service support here? Anyone?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger dlanorpi said...

That sounds like paper work that starts with a t and ends with a s. =)

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 4:20:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home