Friday, March 02, 2007

Crossing The Bar

The phrase 'crossing the bar' has many different resonances for people. In financially-obsessed parts of the world, it often refers to making the grade for a higher salary division. Of course, this isn't the same as being 'called to the bar' - what happens to a lawyer when he becomes a barrister. (Which, in turn, is not the same as serving at a coffee bar as a barista.)

But here's a bar chart which might be interesting to you. I first spotted it on my IP Hosting blog.
This Is My Life, Rated
Life:
8.8
Mind:
9
Body:
9.1
Spirit:
8
Friends/Family:
6.8
Love:
6.4
Finance:
9.3
Take the Rate My Life Quiz

I shall leave you here with a poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson - who on occasion produced totally cinematic poetry with the power to provoke intense reflection.

Crossing the Bar

Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For though from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have cross’d the bar.

=====

Note: For those of you who like literary challenges, try these questions.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger JeNn said...

What the heck I got 6.5! Guess my life really does suck..

Saturday, March 03, 2007 7:15:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never believed any of these surveys.I use to place certain markers for my own life. Used to.

Saturday, March 03, 2007 9:28:00 am  
Blogger dlanorpi said...

What a great life, fruitful in quality (and colour *grin*)!

Saturday, March 03, 2007 11:28:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home