Saturday, February 05, 2011

Mad Max Beyond Star Wars

I had a curious dream, of the kind which pursues you when you have had too much good food and pleasant drink. This one needs to be set down.

I dreamt I was discussing insurgency on a desert planet with two rugged characters. These two characters looked a lot like Mel Gibson and Harrison Ford. The plan had something to do with unsettling a planet that was under the figurative bootheel of a terrible dictatorship.

Eventually, we decided on the sort of harebrained scheme (ah, the Lunar New Year revels speaking, there) that normally appears in comedies or education systems. The plan was to rig the viewing screens of the underground city of the desert nomads, so that they would think they were under attack by hordes of shiny golden protocol droids, each unique but all the same. (Yes, ??!! and is the correct plural term C-3POs or Cs-3PO, I wonder?)

With the help of a rather hairy bunch of co-conspirators, this is exactly what we did. The desert nomads were cowed by the virtual onslaught of the Golden Horde, assisted by lots of random shooting, bombing and bad driving habits.

Then we were betrayed by a swarthy pirate whose initials were LC, as was clearly marked all over his equipment (although it looked a bit like LG, I'm sure those were LCDs). The dream began to lose its 'coherence' and I woke up.

I don't often dream, but when I do, they turn out quite interesting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home