Wednesday, November 17, 2010

TANDEM

I like this acronym. It stands for 'Towards A New Definitive Educational Mantra'. I've just coined it (at least, I think I have, because it returns no hits on Google™). It allows me to fairly, with respect to certain dimensions, describe the practice of education in Atlantis.

It was a short time ago that someone told me about the latest educational mantra from the edicts of the Priesthood of Learning. It was, "Top-Down Support For A Bottom-Up Approach."

The picture that immediately and reflexively came to mind was not a flattering one. Indeed, it was rather scurrilous, if not slightly obscene.

On further analysis, however, it is clear what is going on in Atlantis: more feudalism of the 'serf-and-turf' type. In other words, "Crawl on your knees to Us and We will deign to grant you support. And should you not come to Us, there will be NO SUPPORT. And if it come to pass that you do not approach Us with your wants, then do not say We did not tell you."

Atlantean education — oh, how I appreciate it for the amusement it brings to me!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home