Sunday, October 03, 2010

This Is Not A Blog

I long ago stopped thinking of what you're reading as a blog. Yes, it's a chronological record of my thoughts; no, it's not a weblog. If it were a novel, an archive, a diary, it would suck.

It's a resource, I think, in the sense that those old books I used to read were resources — books with titles like 1000 Amazing Facts or 366 Science Experiments. It's reached the point of trivia and lunacy at which you could find almost anything you wanted in here and it wouldn't necessarily represent a stable opinion from my brain.

Perhaps I should just split it up. I write stuff about the Bible, and my agnostic/atheist/retrohumanist friends think it's a waste of space. I write stuff about Atlantis, and everyone thinks that's peculiar. I write stuff about my past, and everyone thinks that's boring. I write stuff about education and get hundreds of hits a day. Haha.

Somewhere in here is my annual thread of posts on epistemology and academic writing. Somewhere pretty deeply buried, mostly. It's also one of the more popular sources for people looking for a path out of the 'Theory of Knowledge Maze'.

It's all like that, fragments. It's like the mixed jellybeans that come without a key, so that you don't know when you're going to get a flavour you don't like.

I think there probably won't be a blog here anymore, sometime within the next month or three.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger simply jon. said...

but if you leave i lose a source of insight! :(

Monday, October 04, 2010 6:09:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home