Monday, July 27, 2009

Vicarious, Wakeful

I'm sitting around at 3 am figuring out why it is that I am elated for the sake of some student I haven't really come to know very well. This student posts that the Extended Essay, all 4000 words of it, which has been festering like some radiant pustule for a very long time, is done. It is 'ready to ship', as they say.

I realise that this is a good thing. And although I am not quite experiencing the same thing, I am happy for that student. I can only hope that on the day my own dissertation is done, all 120000 words of it, which has been festering like some radioactive boil for a very long time, that people are equally happy for me.

OK, back to work.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger toh said...

Or 30 times happier, as it were.

Monday, July 27, 2009 12:48:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home