Friday, April 24, 2009

Two Days

Well, we're almost there... I figure that if I have shifted something like 50 litres of water a day over a distance of about 50 metres, that makes it 2500 kg-metres. Since I have been lifting it against gravity, I have therefore burnt something like 25 kJ of energy. That's about 6 food calories, and one Oreo™ cookie would feed me back another 40-50 food calories anyway. ARGH.

Fortunately, I am an inefficient human being, and I therefore know that I have burnt a lot more than 25 kJ of personal energy. In fact, I am so inefficient that I have probably burnt a whole lot more than that. Yay, me. I can now go for dinner tonight and eat a lot with minimum stress and lots of joy.

I have also managed to spend enough time at the flat to put part of my library into functional order. That makes me happy, and if the Hierophant were there, I am sure he would have been happy too. The only problem is that the flat has NO coffee in it, unless you count those frozen beans which are a little useless without a grinder of some sort. Sigh.

In breaking news, I am about to embark on the writing of two new modules. Just to refresh everyone's memory, I recently finsihed writing modules on 'Belief Systems' and 'Humans and Other Species' for the new IGCSE subject, 'Global Perspectives'. I am about to begin on 'Water' and 'Conflict and Peace'. I wanted to do 'Law and Criminality', but that's off the agenda for now.

Life is good. My brain has worked very hard, and it is happy.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home