Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Heat-Oppressed Brain

The main gripe I have with the PowerBook on which I am typing this post is the heat level. In recent days, with ambient temperatures high even in reasonably well air-conditioned rooms, the machine just runs too hot. I suspect I am getting heatstroke in my keystrokes.

Worse, the aluminium frame is corroding. I've always had corrosive perspiration; this is one reason why I wear a watch with a titanium wristband. But the combination of pressure (wrists on machine) and temperature (hot machine) is enhancing the reaction rate. My sweat is dissolving my computer.

I don't know if Apple ever realised what would happen if you had an all-metal frame under such conditions. The titanium-coated machine helped, but it wasn't a single titanium block, and probably would have cost too much if it were. Aluminium, much as it is a reasonably tough metal (they use it to make airplane skins) just isn't titanium.

All that leaves me with this odd feeling that some good things just don't last as long as we might want them to.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

exact same gripe. It burrrrns us. although I will admit, the size of the powerbook and its solid frame, really makes me wish apple had built the powerbook pro. mine gave up the ghost two days ago.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:27:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home