Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Four Days

This is going to be an odd period for me. I am going to have to take care of horticultural duties for four days while my parents and my brother swan off to some distant corner of the world where the fauna and flora (by all accounts) are completely different from anywhere else in the world. Apparently, you can see what's left of the aurora australis there.

What duties are these?

Well, there's a complicated regimen involving automatic sprayers, manual spraying, about fifty varieties of orchids (some rare and some unique) — and it all takes place twice a day. In between, I shall sit around using my laptop and ordering my library. It's so true, that part about humans needing to believe that they can glimpse order in the chaos of events... something that I have had pounded into my brain by one particular young lady over the last few days... *grin*

So this morning, off I go with about 50 kg of books and assorted reading material to my home in the west and the home of my parents. Then I shall run around a lot and lose a lot of weight while madly spraying water all over the roots of orchids. May a thousand flowers bloom.

And if they don't, it's not going to be a pretty sight. Bwahahahahaha!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home