Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Random Thoughts on US Election Day 2008 (Part I)

I've been having random thoughts all day, in between assembling my review on global educational reform. Educational reform and national policy may be very interesting, but it can't compete with one of the largest quadrennial shows on earth (bar the Olympics).

So here are my thoughts:
  • James Carville looks perpetually malevolent; he ought to act in fantasy horror movies.
  • Sarah Palin reminds me of the Nanny (Fran Drescher) in the eponymous comedy TV series. Fran's more attractive, though. And she's from Queens.
  • Obama is actually pretty buff compared to Arnold Schwarzenegger (the evidence is here).
  • The majority of American states have 'minority' language names, i.e. non-English.
  • McCain v Obama reminds me of any number of ancient dinosaurs desperately holding on against the tide of change and trying to establish a legacy based on quicksand.
  • I am predicting that Obama will get 393 electoral votes. I'm probably wrong, but one ought to dream big dreams.
I'll update the list as we go along...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home