Thursday, August 21, 2008

Taxonomy II

I was looking at the word 'cabinet' just now when it suddenly occurred to me that it could mean an interactive web of taxi drivers. Can you imagine it? Thousands of Roads Scholars, all deployed gainfully, sharing knowledge of the hidden ways and the secret arts (such as manual gearshifting).

I learn a lot from these brave people who ply the roads bringing all kinds of human traffic from place to place in time and out of time. They tell me a lot in their grumblings, ramblings and political discourse.

At the end of the trip, I always tip them for what I have learnt, unless they have been terribly obnoxious. Most of the time, they get tipped. The end of the trip is therefore a tipping point. Things change after every ride.

Sometimes, though, the cabinet takes you for ride. You find yourself paying and paying more and more as the death of a thousand tiny tolls mounts up and charges at you on its limited horsepower. You could be in a serious jam. Especially if you have not the currency or the change. It is times like that which make you pray for more change agents.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger le radical galoisien said...

"Thousands of Roads Scholars"

This made me giggle the most.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:59:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home