Monday, August 18, 2008

Helicopter Traffic

I posted about helicopter vision some time ago, and I suppose that over the last few years I was corrupted by circumstances to the point that I could only think of a certain kind of helicopter. In fact, in that period of time, I think I started thinking of all aircraft as weapons. Terrible.

But someone pointed out to me that there is at least one other kind of helicopter that those-who-appraise might have been thinking about when they put 'helicopter vision' down as an appraisable trait. He said that they might have been thinking of traffic helicopters. Hmm. Yes.

I think he might have been right. Traffic helicopters are flimsy lightweight craft designed to spot unusual land traffic behaviours and tell people about it. For example, an eye in the sky might report heavy traffic in a specific direction, track criminal activity, and so on. (In a place like London or Singapore, they use ubiquitous live cameras instead.) That kind of helicopter does, somewhat unfortunately, fit the bill.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home