Monday, August 25, 2008

Being Consoled

I'm sitting here in the cockpit of what is potentially a very powerful weapons platform. I look at the kinds of ordnance I can deploy and I wonder at this age of information and communication. With a few keystrokes, my force multipliers will allow me to take down a lumbering opponent whose minimal agility and obsolete components will never recover from the strain.

It is the age of the console, that conceptual and physical nexus of all functions. And new functions are added everyday. It is as if we were in some real-time game and we are deploying a building that lives off the data-stream and produces new memes and stuff every few hours. Nowadays, most online platforms deploy through something called a 'dashboard'. The analogy is complete.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home