Thursday, July 03, 2008

Twirly

Urk. Sometimes one unexpectedly enters a cycle of somewhat obsessive gaming behaviour. It happens with mahjong players, actors, musicians, teachers, anybody who has ever demonstrated the traits of homo ludens – game-playing humanity.

And it appears that on Facebook, I have not really become obsessed with 'Text Twirl', except that every time I see a random sequence of about six letters, I feel this great urge to form them into a six-letter word. It is a sort of throwback to my Scrabble-playing days, a situation brought about by dear parents who love anagrams, wordplay (especially punnery), and the romance of the unexpected linguistic denouement.

So, faced with a bunch of miscellaneous letters, I make anagrams. The funny part is that someone then tells me, "Hey, you make anagrams. You must be responsible for the infamous anagrammatical wild yak blog."

To which I then reply, after taking some time to drink my coffee, "Macavity Syndrome. Please."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JeNn said...

YES! I'VE BEEN DOING THAT TOOOOOOOOO somehow it seems easier when I'm on the bus and doing it than when I'm actually playing the game :(

Saturday, July 05, 2008 5:32:00 pm  
Blogger becktan said...

Haha. I see what Mr. Tan means. XD
I used to anagram street signs, but that was in secondary school, at the height of scrabble fever. Heh.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 1:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home