Friday, June 27, 2008

Birthday Cake

Today I am supposed to buy a birthday cake for a little dinner party that a few of us are having. It's the gazelle's birthday treat too. For those of you who know about the infamous spreadsheet, I will be remembering the contents of that spreadsheet through most of tonight. It will be one of those nights.

I have just recovered from one of those remorseless fevers that brings the ague to the bones and makes the head to throb for at least 18 hours. Every joint clamoured for attention and every little pulse brought dramatic realignment of aches and pains. It has been a terrible 24 hours. I woke up this morning with the fever broken; I suspect that yesterday's excitement and concomitant stress had a lot to do with my state.

But I am reasonably good for now. I will survive. Tonight, strangely enough, will be a stress of a different kind. What cake shall I buy? I think it should be something with a small amount of thin dark chocolate in it, for elegance. It must have something creative about it, for style. It must be unusual. It must be flavourful. It must be a cake for the memories. Haha.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home