Sunday, July 13, 2008

Phantasmagoria

Had a very peculiar dream last night. I dreamt I was a private investigator looking for a data dump from a spurious educational institution operating from a container complex near a rapid transit station. That's the gist of it. Some vignettes follow.

=====

I remember walking through the containers and realising all I could hear were distant cackles and hoots and the sound of busy secretaries. A little girl kept popping up and saying, "There's nobody there!" The containers were all beige with grey highlights. They had once had other colours, which had been whitewashed over.

=====

I found myself at a hospitality office. The hospitality officer said to me, "Why did you pick up the ten-cent coin and put it on my desk?" And i replied, "Because you need it..."

=====

I remember walking through a crowded transit area, reminiscent of a cross between Grand Central Station in NYC and Raffles Square in Singapore. People were hawking things everywhere. On closer inspection, a lot of them were artifacts looted from an educational institution I used to know.

=====

But the punchline just before I woke up was a man named Kani saying to me, "Sir, you have to stop this! The X-Men are buying up all our paintings and getting away with it!"

Weird.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger * the mad monk of melk * said...

Sounds like Neverwhere to me, sifu.

Monday, July 14, 2008 1:38:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home