Monday, March 03, 2008

Knowing Looks

I cannot stand this broad unfocussed sweep
the hasty generalisations
I can but wield my angry pen and weep
at failing civilisations

=====

We need to teach our students about knowledge, the careful use of the senses, the understanding of the emotional impulses, the nuances of language, the consistency of reason. And that is but the least of it.

I look at the stack of scripts upon my happy desk, and I refuse to continue – for tonight at least. If this is becoming a knowledge economy, the next generation will be impoverished beyond belief.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Melodie said...

On behalf of all terrible TOK essays out there, I apologise sir. Mine is certainly the worst offender that exists.

Saturday, March 08, 2008 6:28:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home