Monday, March 10, 2008

Cool ACS Mug

I've always felt that one ought to maintain good professional awareness, readiness, knowledge base and affiliation. So of course, when I became eligible, I joined the usual societies and organisations. Eventually, I was invited to join the American Chemical Society, and I became a somewhat peripheral member who did what he could to publicise the Great Work (the ars magna of Simon Magus, Raymond Lully, John Dee, Francis Bacon and Isaac Newton).

A year later, I received a wholly unsolicited and totally nifty gift, packed in a styrofoam cube. The cube contained a lovely 'Happy 1st Anniversary' mug, sealed with the ACS emblem in blue and gold, and with a picture of a hydrogen atom on it. The geek part of me was ecstatic. I went off to show it to my neighbour, the Cat, who was also quite appreciative.

Of course, I continue to be a happy member of the worldwide ACS fraternity. Long may the alchemical world prosper!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Melodie said...

For a second I thought you meant the Overlord had given you a gift out of appreciation... but I have been sadly mistaken.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:37:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home