Saturday, December 15, 2007

Incommunicado

I had an amusing disconnection from technology today. I hadn't charged my cellphone, the power was cut from about 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, and I had a wedding (and the consequent dinner) on. I was AFK a lot, in other words.

The stuff people send you when you are AFK is very interesting. I am certain I lead a less interesting life than many people think I do. I quite enjoy it though when people send me messages like, "No way are you that old, surely you have MSN or something!" or "You really ought to log on more often. I have not received a reply for two days, and it's quite urgent." or "Hey! Guess what! Our book is coming out 28th December!"

The pleasures of not having to reply to a whole slew of stuff, simply because you were not around to receive it, are vastly underrated or unknown.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger xinhui said...

sometimes when people send you a whole slew of stuff it is because they anticipate that a slew is too much to respond to and they just want to talk and have someone listen.

especially when they have learnt that person's context.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 5:44:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home