Friday, October 05, 2007

Whois 001

At some point in my life I did warn the audience of my urge to write pen-sketches of the many people I had come to know. I realised that I knew many of them well enough for a description to reveal too much. So I will confine myself to the cryptic and the vague. If you recognize yourself here, don't give yourself away... and if you're someone else, give it a guess.

=====

He's tall, has always been a little lean, and dark – not the midnight coffee-grounds kind, but the hot chocolate kind, with a slightly darker streak. A man of many talents, too – I am confident that he has never been a Spetsnaz assassin, but he has been many other things: sportsman of the elliptical, leader of the incurable, drinker of the unimaginable, scholar of the interminable, accompaniment to the ineffable. Mixed ancestry leads him to believe in the inherent elitism of the island races, but not as much as you would think, and perhaps not of the race you think. He seems to have spent part of his life trying hard not to be like his sister, who is another pretty unique and alarming character from a nearby tower.

Who is this?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger xinhui said...

*grin* JJ

Saturday, October 06, 2007 3:37:00 am  
Blogger JeNn said...

Right on! The last sentence gave it away, since I know her...

Saturday, October 06, 2007 2:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home