Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Retrospective

About three years ago, approaching my fortieth year from the good side, I wrote this.

It has occurred to me that in the last three years, nothing at all has changed about my preferences. In fact, I think that I am in danger of ossifying. I went through my first two years of posts on this blog, and I found myself still agreeing with everything I wrote. Except that maybe I was too harsh on Derrida. Oddly, I also found myself thinking of Wilfred Owen's Strange Meeting in November 2004.

I was war-weary, and about to shut down my blog because of the carnage imputed to it. Said carnage never materialised, but I was feeling bitter, sad, disappointed. Owen felt right at that point. I remember telling myself, though, that I would put all that behind me. I think I did.

=====

Oh yes, I must thank the motley crew who presented me with a solid crystal icosahedron on which the first 19 letters of the Greek alphabet are engraved. (Of course only 19, since the 20th face is for resting the thing on.) I must say that at about 10 cm across, it is the largest d20 I've ever possessed. Deeply grateful, you terrible people!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lost said...

Must... Possess... 10cm... d20... ^^
Nothing says gaming like the greek alphabet, eh?

Thursday, August 16, 2007 4:58:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home