Friday, August 10, 2007

The Day Before

Today is one of those days before. You know, like the day before the sh** hits the fan or the day before the end of the world or the day before tomorrow. It just feels like that, an incurable leper of a day which cannot be salvaged by blessing of bean or gelato.

I have many tasks, mostly onerous, mostly dutiful, all requiring my brain and the wits formed by the fireworking of its neurons (like networking, but with sparklies). Work, to me, has always been some sort of sacrament – a regular practice sanctified and commended by God, something which makes us human, which defines us as to the kind of humans we are.

And today, I cannot really work. It is a kind of paralytic burden of inertia. It is like being unable to pray. I am sure I will get over it, but for now, it is really a vexation of spirit. Growl.

=====

Edit (1): It's even more vexing that just as I was about to do something about it, I realised it had already been done. Never mind. I shall return. Wait. I already did this once before. No. That wasn't really it, was it? Argh.

Edit (2): OK. Updated my monthly book reviews. Overcaffeinated. Overworked. Self-indulgently rambling (well, worse than the usual self-indulgence, that is) in progress. Madness. Forty years. Urgh. Will update when the moment has passed.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

had the same sentiment as u sir...today is juz a bad day....

Saturday, August 11, 2007 4:54:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home