Monday, August 20, 2007

Objects

I have an Oral-B Pulsar toothbrush, in deep blue and yellow. In it is a little Duracell battery, and the instructions say it is not to be removed except for recycling purposes. It is the acme of modern personal dental hygiene. We live in a mad world, don't we?

I have three iMacs in my little flat. One is a purple iMac 'Grape' from the old years. One is the infamous iMac 'Dome' from the not so old years. And the last is a 'thin white box' iMac just purchased a couple of years back. This is not being typed on any of them.

I have a flat Motorola cellphone. It is silver and just a bit under 10 mm in thickness, which is why I picked it. A flat cellphone fits in the pocket without too noticeable a bulge, and it is easy to slip into your hand and use without people noticing.

I have an old nail-clipper. I use it each time exactly 20 times on my hands; every nail gets clipped from both left and right. I once knew a girl who would careful trim off her very long nails and keep full sets of the trimmings taped into her school file.

I have a red pen. It is one of the latest soldiers in my war against ignorance. Red pens remind me of British soldiers. They spend their lives leaking blood all across other people's geography, history, and political science. And then you discard them.

I have a pain. It is back again. What if I have a cancer? Will it be too late if I report it now? It has been hurting me for years but the last two x-rays showed nothing. I have a lot of pain. Ha, the funny thing is it keeps me sane and clever. Otherwise I'd sleep.

=====

I have a god-daughter. I have a God-father. I realise these can only be objects in a grammatical sense. I would object to them being objects in a thingy sense. I realise this means I am not being objective. So what?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an electric toothbrush too. It pwns. =)

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 12:50:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home