Saturday, August 18, 2007

Jungian Archetyping

I've always been somewhat difficult to type; my maternal grandfather was one of those educators who liked testing his grandchildren and he used to shake his head at my odd responses. Over the years, the venerable Jungian-type tests have generally portrayed me as INTJ, but the last has always been somewhat in doubt.

Today, reminded of the test once more by the *Acxis, I got these results:
  • Introverted (I) 54.29% Extroverted (E) 45.71%
  • Intuitive (N) 65.79% Sensing (S) 34.21%
  • Thinking (T) 58.33% Feeling (F) 41.67%
  • Perceiving (P) 51.43% Judging (J) 48.57%

I guess that makes me INTP. The test site says:

"Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

On a hunch, trying to seek underlying patterns, I found something interesting. When I was a high-profile administrator, I was INTJ; when I had stepped down, I was more INTP. I was also INTP for exactly one other year: the year before I became an administrator.

Administrative structures in this part of the world, and in many other parts, tend to be more J than P. This is not unexpected, but a P administrator tends to detect and baulk faulty thinking faster. J administrators are 'manager entities'; they detect faults quickly and assign blame precisely (if not accurately). It all depends on what kind of administration you want, I suppose.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken Tay said...

numbers show im overwhelmingly INTP but i hardly think im precise in thought and language.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 10:10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

INFP for me.. With an extremely high I -- 66.67%.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 3:10:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home