Saturday, August 25, 2007

From Jung To Freud

It strikes me that it is almost too soon after my close brush with Jung to be locking horns with Freud. But Freud has ambushed me from an unexpected quarter. So, being of the incurably curious persuasion, I have decided to follow the gleam...

Freudian Inventory Results
Oral (56%) you appear to have a good balance of independence and interdependence knowing when to accept help and when to do things on your own.
Anal (56%) you appear to have a good balance of self control and spontaneity, order and chaos, variety and selectivity.
Phallic (46%) you appear to have a good balance of sexual awareness and sexual composure.
Latency (40%) you appear to have a good balance of abstract knowledge seeking and practicality, dealing with real world responsibilities while still cultivating your abstract and creative faculties and interests.
Genital (66%) you appear to have a progressive and openminded outlook on life unbeholden to regressive forces like traditional authority and convention.
Take Free Freudian Inventory Test
personality tests by similarminds.com
=====
Well, if you look at the unexpected quarter, I have exactly the same overall characteristics. But the details are interesting: I am a lot more anal and a bit less oral. I shall leave you to examine the other differences. I can't help feeling a little cheated though; one would have thought the analysis would be a little less general and more specific. It's generally true, but not very helpful. But that's just the anal part of me, I suppose. I am more sphincter than sphinx, this time.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Van said...

Useless test thing. I bet you half the world has the same overall characteristics as we do. Oh well the site is good for some light-hearted fun, at any rate :)

Sunday, August 26, 2007 3:46:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home