Monday, September 25, 2006

Wolfhound's Sabbath

Be Thou my Breastplate
Guard my heart from the darkness that quenches love

My Sword for the fight
Give my hand the power to slay the darkness that destroys

Be Thou my Dignity
Guard my head from the darkness that makes worthless

Thou my Delight
Give my hopes the power to stay the darkness that defiles

Thou my soul’s Shelter
You who are a mighty rock in a burning land

Thou my high Tower
You who are the protection of watchmen

Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power
Help me to be a light on a hill against the fall of the coming dark

Amen

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger JeNn said...

The funny thing is that I go to a charismatic church and don't usually sing such songs, but the moment I read the lyrics the tune just came into my head and I could sing it in worship.. Din't even noe the title of the song until I read your previous post. Hm.

On another note, I like the way you interpreted the song (:

Monday, September 25, 2006 3:17:00 am  
Blogger P0litik said...

Haha. You'll be surprised at how often my church sings this song. In fact, at one point it was the favourite song of the youth in my church.

"Thou my best thought by day or by night" - I really wish I could say that. It is not merely thinking of God all the time, but fondly thinking of God all the time. It is so much easier for me to view God as a philosophical entity rather than a friend. That is my interpretation of the line.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:11:00 am  
Blogger Trebuchet said...

I am quite amazed sometimes at what people preach but do not practise.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 7:01:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home