Sunday, August 13, 2006

Stephen Hawking, The Big Bang, And God

Henry F Schaefer III once gave a lecture on Stephen Hawking, the Big Bang, and God. Of course, I had some interest in the matter, as in all things Hawking. But the main point of the lecture is that science is limited. It is happy when probing things it can encompass; it is happier when it finds new things it can encompass; it is terribly unhappy when faced with boundaries (natural or man-made) which cannot be breached.

It's a nice topic for a lecture. I shall do one myself, one day. But for now, I shall continue to reflect on the fact that black holes are the closest thing to dark chocolate for allowing one to chill out and make time last forever – at least to the subjective perception.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello sir, wonder if you still remember who I am, but just decided to pop by. Hope life is treating you well?

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:35:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home