Saturday, August 21, 2010

Elegant Argumentation

Sometimes, people write stuff. Most of the time, it is badly-written stuff. Occasionally, it transcends that and becomes lucid, well-designed stuff. In some cases, I wish I had written something like that, especially if it concerns a domain that could do with lucid, well-designed prose arguments.

That's the case with Yawning Bread's pair of articles on legalism. [Part I] [Part II]

I once wrote a piece on jurisprudence, but it wasn't a lawyerly piece of work, either for good or ill. It was just philosophy, I think.

Now, I have many former students studying to be lawyers. And many friends who are lawyers. They would probably laugh. Or worse. And deploy some elegant argumentation of their own in my direction.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home