Saturday, June 19, 2010

Whose World? What Cup? (Day 08)

So the Germans can be beaten by the Slavs from Serbia, and the USA can only play football when taunted by old rivals. Same old, same old. It is shaping up to be a magnificent World Cup. Ideally, every favourite should be beaten at least once to heighten the tension and make the whole world sing (in rage, disappointment, joy or incredulity, it shouldn't matter much).

I'm going to sleep and watch England getting beaten by Algeria later on. Or at least, in a perfect world, this would be the case. Nadir Bel-Hadj, anyone?

=====

I woke up to a world in which the United States of America are better-looking than England even at football. Or at least, for now. From 2-0 down, they were almost 3-2 up, except for some confounding referrals, so to speak. Huh.

=====

I am in a world where Algeria look better than England. Maybe my dream will come true and anyone except England will qualify from this group. I'm normally an England supporter; after all, that's where I was born. But so far, this team has not made me feel good about English football.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home