Monday, June 28, 2010

Green Lantern

I had a rather odd and unsettling dream a few nights ago. In that dream, I was walking along dank and crumbly ancient corridors. A voice whispered in my ear, saying, "Remember your oath, remember..."

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape your sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware your power... Green Lantern's light!

An actinic radiance of emerald hue was blooming around me. The dark wings of evil creatures shredded in its glare. I strode across the astroturf, and the black soil could not hold me back; neither could the zombie arms that erupted from that tainted ground.

The funny thing, I was to recall in retrospect, was that the lantern logo on my ring of power looked a lot like this one, except that it was deep green and not sky blue. Ridiculous.

That's when I woke up. Why I can't have standard superhero dreams, I don't know.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home