Sunday, April 25, 2010

El Toro

I was sitting down with my better half for a meal at Tombola Centre today, when I heard a man call out my name. Right at the next table sat El Toro, his wife of the lovely smile, and their two good-looking offspring.

It's been a long time since I first met El Toro in secondary school. He was one of the thin and scholarly-looking prefects assigned to look after classes in my neck of the barbarous woods. Now, he is still slim, but his scholarship and prowess (and professional acumen in his chosen field) are highly respected. In fact, he is one of the Grand Paladins of the Court now.

He is still a modest and hardworking man. We exchanged details, talked about life, and I discovered that his son was at the Wyverns' Nest. This triggered some more reflections on life and the pursuit of excellence.

Lunch, it must be said, was enhanced by this catching-up with old friends. I am always thankful for such. I think the next paladin I should catch up with is Old Hum-Sup, probably named for his habit of droning while eating. Heh heh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home