Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dreaming Unwell

I normally sleep like a log. Yes, well, a snoring log at times, and often a log with the uncanny ability to fling out a spare limb or two and wallop unwary passers-by.

I suspect that when I sleep, I complete my sleep cycles so thoroughly that my dreams are almost completely unremembered—there is no 'dream residue' on awakening. This is my normal mode of operation (or lack thereof).

It therefore also provides a convenient and rather direct test of whether I am well or not. If I remember my dreams, or at least large chunks thereof, then my sleep cycles are being interrupted and I am not well.

The last few nights have been a bit like that. I dreamt I had written an article about vampires in 1529 (it was so real that when I awoke I went online to search for this), was savaged by some bitchy online entity claiming to know more about it than I did, had to penetrate a top-secret base of some shadowy imperialist organisation, and was made to write testimonials for hundreds of students using nothing but the power of my mind.

That the last part seemed real (and continues to seem real even as I am typing this) is a scary thing. I must be really unwell. Actually, I can tell that also from the fact that my throat is swollen up so big I have difficulty swallowing, that I'm running a fever, and that my sore throat is keeping me from resting comfortably.

Maybe that's what is disrupting my sleep. Hey, I'm not even sure that I'm awake as I post this.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jia lat, lah you! Get well soon!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:28:00 pm  
Blogger Trebuchet said...

M: thank you very much, I shall try. :D

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:04:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home