Friday, March 26, 2010

Mustache

Just the other day, I pondered the fate of the acquaintance I call 'Mustache'. He is much respected, a capable man, a student of history and a conscientious arbiter of what ought to be done in the education of the young.

But I think he dyes his hair. It's a lot darker than his eponymous facial decoration, at first sight. Which set me to thinking about the assumptions we make, because there are other explanations which might serve.

Maybe his hair is a lot denser on top, and hence optically darker. Maybe it's the lighting on a cold, wet, dreary day. Maybe it's moisture adsorption. Maybe something's wrong with my eyes. Maybe it's a tough period of momentary stress resulting from the end of the financial year.

Or maybe, stuff is happening up in the Temple of the Book. If that's the reason for him dyeing his hair (assuming he actually has done so), how his head must ache.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home