Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Towards a Better Quality Teaching Service

In my previous post, commenter Lone Rifle asked if I had alternative suggestions for evaluating teaching quality. Yes, indeed I do.

They're all in this blog, I think. I'll confine myself to more recent posts, because that's about all one can expect people to have read.

Firstly, does the candidate have awareness of the demands of the profession, as well as the ability and capacity to meet those demands? One outline of the requirements can be found here.

Secondly, does the candidate have a sense of what professional mastery entails, so that he or she can work towards it? One possible way of looking at this can be found here.

Thirdly, is the candidate dedicated to the idea of the profession? One vision of such a professional ideal can be found here (along with some hazards encountered).

Actually, I've covered the points in many different ways in many different places. Here's another one. Suggestions? Heh, I think I might have made too many. Ah, hell, why not just use this search?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home