Sunday, June 21, 2009

Moderator

This morning I remembered a phase of our contentious social history with which I somehow found myself involved. I just woke up, and there it was, patiently standing there, waiting for me to do something.

soc.culture.singapore.moderated is a moderated newsgroup which passed its vote for creation by 192:48 as reported in news.announce.newgroups on 8 Oct 1996.

The guidelines below are currently still being revised but nonetheless will be placed here as a quick reference for your basic dos and don'ts when carrying out your moderating duties. Please feel free to feedback or contribute to these guidelines as you proceed with your tour of duty.

I suddenly realised what it wanted me to do. It wanted to be moderated, and had joined the queue. I felt a wave of melancholy for things long past. It is painful to be growing old, sometimes.

Hosted on SInterCom

The Internet is not anarchic, it is self-organising.

If you would like to volunteer your services and/or contribute information to the archives, please send an email to SUR. Last updated 7th Nov 1996.

That was a long time ago, and SInterCom is dead now. Its heirs survive, though, and those who killed SInterCom will not win again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home