Sunday, February 15, 2009

Missing

I woke up this morning and realised I missed Trivandrum. The man was always one of the good guys, no matter how off-kilter he sometimes a) pretended to be, b) decided to be, c) alarmedly found himself to be, d) avoided being. I have not spoken to him for months.

This odd sense of missing someone you haven't had contact with for months hits you normally on waking if it doesn't hit you after morning coffee or during introspective meditation.

I think it's got something to do with either a) an oversupply of blood to the brain or b) the brain needing less and thus being relatively oversupplied even at normal levels.

In the last few months, I've had sudden 'missing persons' attacks involving people I've not seen or 20 years. It's getting worse. I'm starting to miss people I never met. I miss Isaac Asimov.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home