Saturday, February 14, 2009

Diktat

And so it came to pass that in the year of the Earthen Cow, a proclamation went out from the throne at the Estuary of Dour, that a census should be taken for the sake of the Imperial Health. For those whose names were not written in the Book of Doom, they should be cast out into the ways of the world to find their own sustenance.

=====

Well, it wasn't quite like that. But as part of my very deep research into the lives and times of the rich and infamous, I have come to realise that some people are dangerous because they are venal, corrupt and incompetent. Actually, it only takes one of these things to make someone an angry and/or frightened person whose sole aim in life then becomes the intimidation and exaction of tributary sycophancy from all who will hear.

I eagerly await the unfolding events of the next 15 months. If they unfold as predicted, my fortune is made; if not, then in the spirit of true research, I will have to adjust my hypothesis... heh.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger boonleong said...

A literal fortune, or merely the sense of satisfaction?

Sunday, February 15, 2009 6:04:00 am  
Blogger Trebuchet said...

Hmm, I'd say it would have to be an intellectual fortune. Besides, a fortune is literally that: the serendipitous product of chance. Haha...

Sunday, February 15, 2009 3:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home