Sunday, February 08, 2009

Two Heads

There were two heads. Let's keep them disembodied for now. Wouldn't do to identify them; they'd get killed. Or at least, more killed than they already are. Haha.

One said to the other, "He's looking really tired. But manic."

"Yeah, all that talk about blue sky, blue ocean and other blue things must be turning him blue."

"Does he know what he's talking about?"

"He always seems to sound as if he knows what he's talking about."

"But he doesn't really, right?"

"Yeah, after working for him so long, we all know where he gets his ideas from. Mostly from DOS meetings and Howard Gardner. Heh."

=====

I sense an interesting time ahead. Already the globalisation theorists are saying that the total number of jobs (i.e. well-defined fixed work appointments) will fall drastically while the opportunities for entrepreneurship, consultancy, and project-based endeavours will rise commensurately. I've seen this in action: a person with a broad range of skills (trans-, inter- and multi-disciplinary) can now command a huge premium for flexibility. Such a person can command a price of USD2400/day to begin with. Amazing.

=====

In other news, I was reading Dean Koontz's latest offering, Odd Hours. Then I came across an innocent looking passage that had interesting resonances for me, somehow.

The MYSTERY TRAIN sweatshirt had been lost to the sea. A similar thrift shop purchase featured the word WYVERN across the chest, in gold letters on the dark blue fabric.

I assumed Wyvern must be the name of a small college. Wearing it did not make me feel any smarter.

All at once, I laughed. I startled the two ravens outside my window and they gave me dirty looks. That's life...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home